THANK YOU FOR YOUR VISIT TODAY
We want to provide you with some follow-up information.
You are now LICE FREE! Leave our clinic strength solution in the hair for 10-15 minutes. Before washing your hair carefully remove your clothing.
Our Super Clarifying Shampoo is great at removing the active rinse solution, then just follow that up with your regular shampoo & conditioner.
After leaving our clinic today, you will want to treat your home environment. We recommend you do the following as soon as you get home:
- Wash and dry pillowcases, sheets, towels, and any clothes that any treated family member used within the last 24 hours.
- Make sure to use the hot water and high heat settings on your washer & dryer
- Pillows, blankets, stuffed animals & hair accessories can either be placed in the dryer on high heat for at least 30 minutes or placed in a sealed bag and put away for 48 hours.
- Vacuum and/or use a lint roller on sofas, chairs, car seats & carpets
- Place combs, hair brushes & other hair accessories in a plastic bag and leave in the freezer for 24 hours or in a tub pour hot (not boiling) over them until submerged and rinse after 10 minutes.
After that, relax!
You don’t have to delouse any other parts of your home. Scientific studies have shown that it is extremely rare for lice to be on carpets, furniture, brushes, or combs.
Do not use any bug bombs or furniture sprays that claim to kill lice. They are not necessary and many are toxic and ineffective.
It is not uncommon to still have some itchiness after treatment. Itching is especially common if you have been treating with other products or have been scratching vigorously.
It is normal to see stray nits/eggs after a treatment.
These nits/eggs are not viable and won’t hatch. Do not use additional products.
To prevent head lice in the future, wear hair in a bun or braid(s) in combination with using prevention products.
We also recommend that everyone in the household that was NOT checked or treated use our Active Rinse solution the day of the treatment and in 10 days as a precaution.
If you ever have any questions, call us!