Ahhh… Valentine’s Day! It’s still cuddle season, and with cuddles comes the possibility of spreading head lice. This is because the most common way head lice are spread is through head to head contact. How do we prevent head lice? Here at Lice Clinics of America <clinic location name>, we’ve got some tips and tricks for you.
“When parents are confronted with head lice, they are instantly in panic–we encounter this on a daily basis,” said Amira, owner of Lice Clinics of America – Modesto. “They are overwhelmed and don’t really know what to do mainly because it’s one of those things people just don’t talk about until they really have to. Well, when they have it, then they panic.”
What can you do to prepare for head lice? Here are Amira’s tips for helping to prevent an infestation:
- Use lice prevention products. New products are available in the form of sprays, rinses, and shampoos that serve as lice repellent. Lice Clinics of America – Modesto offers a complete line of non-toxic products guaranteed to be effective.
- Get professional screening. Head lice are notoriously tricky to diagnose. Children can be symptom-free for weeks before the signature scratching begins. Lice Clinics of America – Modesto offers screenings for a modest fee that is waived if lice are found and treatment is purchased.
- Know what works and what doesn’t. Traditional lice products are increasingly ineffective because lice have become resistant to the pesticides they use. A 2016 study published in the Journal of Medical Entomology found that 98 percent of head lice carry a genetic resistance to pyrethroids, the class of pesticides used in the most popular lice shampoos. Don’t waste money and time on them. Lice Clinics of America’s AirAllé®medical device has been clinically shown to kill live lice and more than 99 percent of eggs (nits) using carefully controlled heated air to dehydrate lice and eggs. The entire treatment takes about an hour and is guaranteed to be effective. See if there’s a clinic near you and make sure you have the phone number handy when lice strike!
- Stock your home with lice supplies. It’s common to detect head lice at night, such as bath time, when stores may be closed.
- Talk to your friends about head lice. Silence is a significant contributor to head lice outbreaks. If your child comes home with head lice, gets treated, and you send them back to school or day care, odds are they will get lice again if other parents aren’t alerted, and their children aren’t checked. No one likes to talk about head lice, but you really should. And no one is to blame—lice afflict all social and economic groups.
“We want families to know that they don’t have to struggle dealing with head lice any longer,” says Amira. “For all the parents that have been struggling with all the treatments out there that have failed, our professional technicians can end the nightmare today with the fastest, safest, and most effective treatment on the market.”
About Lice Clinics of America – Modesto
Lice Clinics of America has over 300 clinics in 35 countries, making it the world’s largest network of professional lice treatment centers. Lice Clinics of America – Modesto is located at 937 Coffee Road, Suite 800, Modesto, CA 95355 and is open Monday to Saturday days a week by appointment. Call 209-353-9240 or visit www.liceclinicsmodesto.com for more information or to schedule an appointment.